NOW WITH OVER 800 SHOWS FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO AND ENJOY


Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Book and a Chat with DJ Brown

DJ Brown, or Donna as I’ll call her, joins me for a chat over a cup of tea on today’s “A Book and a Chat”.

She has always been a person interested in writing, in fact when she was in 4th Grade; Donna submitted her first full-length, illustrated book to Doubleday. A “kindly” editor took the time to write to her, both to let her know that her book did not fit into any of their current categories and also to encourage her to continue to write, no matter what.

From that moment on she was hooked and has been writing and submitting her work ever since, be it one of her many short stories, which she hopes one day to publish as a collection or her wonderful novel “Butterfly Season”.

About Butterfly Season:

BUTTERFLY SEASON is part thriller and part magical realism. The book takes Lila Dean to the edge of madness and back as she learns to deal with tremendous loss and overwhelming fear in order to protect her daughter Olivia, whose extraordinary gift not only seals her destiny, but changes the lives of the people of Freedom, Texas forever.

What people say about “Butterfly Season”:

“I just finished this book and I have to say I was literally blown away. Since I have "limited" time because of working two jobs...I very carefully choose the books that I purchase to read. This book's title is what originally caught my eye...but upon reading the little blurb on the back...I decided to purchase it. I was not disappointed in the least in the book. The storyline is one that grabs you from the beginning and just keeps you turning pages. I thank goodness that I had two days off....because I started the book one day and finished it the second. The author has a wonderful way of making you feel as though you are sitting right next to the characters. She's vivid in her descriptions of the characters and it makes you really feel a part of their story. I certainly look forward to further books by this author as she's a fantastic story teller. Be sure to purchase this book and read it...you will not be disappointed!” - Mary J. Kirkpatrick

Well Mary, judging by the many reviews I have read you are not the only one who can’t wait to read more by this talented author.

So listen now and share an interesting, and entertaining show as I chat with my special guest today on A Book and a Chat with DJ Brown

Barry

Direct link to the show
A Book and a Chat with DJ Brown

or you can download the mp3 file of the show from
"DJ Brown"

You can find out more about my guest and their books at:
"DJ Brown - Butterfly Season"

Barry Eva (Storyheart)

My Blogs:

Book Information and Things UK - Across the Pond

Book and a Chat Radio Show Guests - A Book and a Chat

Funny, Weird Or Just Interesting News From Around the World - Laugh I Thought My Trousers Would Never dry

No comments: