NOW WITH OVER 800 SHOWS FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO AND ENJOY


Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Book and a Chat with Heidi Ann Smith


My guest today on “A Book and a Chat” is Heidi Ann Smith, she grew up in the Chicago area and began publishing poems as a child, winning various local and academic awards for her writing. Based on her writing abilities, she was awarded a scholarship to a private high school and attended college courses during her high school years.

Life and a family got in the way of her writing but she soon returned to complete a Bachelor of Arts from Eastern Illinois University. Heidi is currently a PhD student studying Creative Writing at Middlesex University in London, England, a location I know very well, being about five miles from my family home in England.

THE CLARA ANN BURNS STORY” is her first novel.

As Heidi explained during the show...

“The story is based on some of my life experiences,” which included sexual abuse. “I needed to write this book–and I needed to have the right and the freedom to bring together different events.”

About "THE CLARA ANN BURNS STORY":

A woman who suffered child abuse looks back over her turbulent life as she approaches her fifties. Smith describes it as “a story of a young girl, Clara Ann Burns, who was tortured, abused and neglected by her family. When she was old enough to go out on her own, she got herself into situations that were not always the best. But in the end she raises her own family and holds onto the hope of healing and living without fear.

Heidi shared with us that she hopes that readers who can identify with THE CLARA ANN BURNS STORY will find some comfort in it.

“When I was a little girl I was very sick and I didn’t have a happy home life. I started reading poetry, and I felt some kind of resonance and a kindred spirit with the other writer’s work. I hope my work will reach someone and that they will also know that they are not alone.”

It is certainly that, and also a great work of literature.”

So listen now and share an interesting, and entertaining show as I chat with my special guest today on A Book and a Chat with Heidi Ann Smith

Barry

Direct link to the show
A Book and a Chat with Heidi Ann Smith

or you can download the mp3 file of the show from
"Heidi Ann Smith"

You can find out more about my guest and their books at:
"Heidi Ann Smith - The Clara Ann Burns Story"

Barry Eva (Storyheart)

My Blogs:

Book Information and Things UK - Across the Pond

Book and a Chat Radio Show Guests - A Book and a Chat

Funny, Weird Or Just Interesting News From Around the World - Laugh I Thought My Trousers Would Never dry

No comments: