NOW WITH OVER 800 SHOWS FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO AND ENJOY


Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Book and a Chat with Brandon Ellis

Brandon Ellis could have had a career in sport being an All State Baseball and All League Basketball player, indeed he followed career involving sport obtaining his Therapeutic Massage License and becoming one of the most successful Sports Massage Therapists and teachers in the City of Portland.

All the time though his love of the written world was there in the background until one day he got an image in his mind that turned into an entire book series.

In Brandon’s own words…

It had been a long 10 hour work day. I’d just gotten home from work, dropped my keys off on the counter, then walked down the hallway toward my room. I was just entering my room, carrying my laptop, when I abruptly stopped. There, in my mind, came a single image—a tree in the darkness with snow all around. However, the snow wasn’t from clouds dropping flakes from above. It was from the tree itself, sprinkling snow from its branches and onto the ground. Then, like a movie, an entire story took place in my mind. I saw characters, action scenes, dialogue, and many other things. I quickly wrote down a synopsis of what I could remember, telling myself I’d get to it as soon as possible. When two years went by and I barely had anything, that’s when I started dreaming of the book. I saw ancient and sacred scrolls, more characters, more scenes, etc. I then wrote and wrote and wrote.

The result is the wonderful new YA fantasy series of which “The PureLights of Odm Totem” is the first book.

About The PureLights of Odm Totem” : (Taken from Authors web site)

Zoey and Coda are like everyone else in their small town of Gladstone, but that’s about to change–forever.Zoey has a dream, one that feels far more real than it should. A strange wolf with a beautiful violet crystal embedded in his forehead visits her. “Please help us,” the wolf implores. “Remember, Zoey, who you truly are.” Zoey wakes up, dismissing it as a silly dream. However, she soon realizes that it was far more real than she could have ever imagined.Coda is Zoey’s older brother. Like many boys his age, he has a craving for adventure and a loathing for his younger sister. He can’t stand it that she constantly gets in his way, joining in on all his fun and ruining it during the process. And the worst, according to Coda, is that Zoey gets all of the attention from their parents. A big drag in his mind.Then destiny arrives, one that Zoey and Coda must face together – if they want to survive.

Together, they journey to a place deep in the Cornell Forest, through a secret portal that leads them to an ancient world called Ohm Totem – to the place of the PureLights, the race beckoning for their help.
Caught between an age old war and finding their way back home, Zoey and Coda go on an amazing adventure, taking them beyond the veils, beyond everything they once knew and into the grasp of the unknown.


As one reviewer wrote…

Brandon Ellis creates a wonderful world and set of characters that both girls and boys (young and old) can relate to. It is so refreshing to finally read a fantasy book about the struggle between strength, love, compassion and forgiveness vs fear, rather than the overly used, simplistic good vs evil. As we journey along with the main characters on their magical adventures we can't help but feel gently guided and loved in our own adventures in life. Oman Hart has given us a gift with this book, not only of fantastic entertainment, but of love and wisdom. I hope that this book finds its way into the hands and hearts of many young adults. My kids are reading it for sure. I think this book can actually make the world a better place.

With the second book due to hit the shelves in the next few months the name Brandon Ellis is one we will hear a lot more off. So listen now and share an interesting, and entertaining show as I chat with my special guest today on A Book and a Chat with Brandon Ellis

Barry

Direct link to the show
A Book and a Chat with Brandon Ellis

or you can download the mp3 file of the show from
"Brandon Ellis"

You can find out more about my guest and their books at:
"Brandon Ellis - The PureLights of Ohm Totem"

Barry Eva (Storyheart)

My Blogs:

Book Information and Things UK - Across the Pond

Book and a Chat Radio Show Guests - A Book and a Chat

Funny, Weird Or Just Interesting News From Around the World - Laugh I Thought My Trousers Would Never dry

No comments: