NOW WITH OVER 800 SHOWS FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO AND ENJOY


Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Book and a Chat with Marcia H Black


My very first guest on “A Book and a Chat” way back in 2009 was Kim Smith who has been on with me several times since then, but now we have another member of her family on the show today when I host “A Book and a Chat with Marcia Hylander Black”.
Her debut book which she wrote over ten years is partly based on her own life and happenings on a farm “not near anywhere” in Tennessee.

The book “One Time: Adventures of Sarah” was originally written for her four children and eight grandchildren to answer there "what was it like when you were young?" questions.

One Time: Adventure of Sarah” is partially fictional tale of a young girl whose innocent adventures lead her into hot water more often than not. An eight year old philosopher, her observances of life and people in general are timeless and hilarious.

While based around the adventures of an eight year old girl it written in such a way that people of all ages will read and enjoy the book. Like a real “Little House on the Prairie” as one reviewer out it…

This book is a great, easy read for all ages. The story centers around one smart little Southern country girl, who is no "belle" by any stretch of the imagination. Sarah gets into scrapes, engages in hilarious high-jinx and comes of age in the 1940s South with the help of her part-time nemisis/part-time collaborator, her brother.

Highly recommended as a "beach read" or Book Club pick. It had me laughing out loud!


As I often say it is one of those books that all ages will enjoy.

So listen now and share an interesting, and entertaining show as I chat with my special guest today on A Book and a Chat with Marcia H Black

Barry

Direct link to the show
A Book and a Chat with Marcia H Black

or you can download the mp3 file of the show from
"Marcia H Black"

You can find out more about my guest at:
"Marcia H Black - One Time"


Barry Eva (Storyheart)

My Blogs:

Book Information and Things UK Including my Olympic Blog - Across the Pond

Book and a Chat Radio Show Guests - A Book and a Chat

Funny, Weird Or Just Interesting News From Around the World - Laugh I Thought My Trousers Would Never dry

No comments: