NOW WITH OVER 800 SHOWS FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO AND ENJOY


Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Book and a Chat with Jackie Carpenter

A journey through life can be like a journey on a boat, you think you are managing and that your faith like the boat on the seas can manage any “bad weather” that comes along. Then suddenly out of a blue sky, your world like your boat is turned upside down everything that you thought and believed is now upside down.

My guest on today’s “A Book and a Chat” is Jackie Carpenter, she found her life and her faith tested beyond what most people can imagine, only to find a knew and inspiration that lead her to write her first book “The Bridge Between Cell Block A and a Miracle is Psalm 91”

Her book is based on the true story of her son Jason Veitch who was falsely accused of Felony Murder. It takes the readers through the actual Murder Trial and down the road of utter helplessness and despair endured by our family and the strong faith that brought us to a place of Victory.

Jackie explained the full story of what happened that fateful night and how her life, the lives of her family and her faith was turned upside down, like that boat in a storm I started this article with.

Jackie explains how she got the title to the book…

God gave me the Title before he gave me the Book. He asked me the question; Jackie, what was the worst part of this ordeal? I said God, that would be when Jason was incarcerated for 9 days. He then asked me; Jackie, what was the best part of this ordeal? I said, God, that would be when we got our Miracle. He then said, Jackie, what is that “Bridge” that joins the worst to the best, and it hit me like a ton of bricks, I cried, Oh God, that would be Psalm 91 God’s Shield of Protection that I had been claiming for Jason for 10 months. He said, now let’s start the book.

As we learned the outcome of what happened did end in a “happy ending” but not before her world like the boat had been turned upside down.

The tragedy led to a walk of faith, fueled by the discovery of the Book of Psalms, that ended in a miracle. The story of the faith walk, discovery, and miracle is told in The Bridge, a compelling can’t put down book that offers a way out for individuals drowning in sorrow, grief, fear, anger or shame. The story of how a tormented mother made a critical decision that allowed God to deliver a miracle is told in Georgia Justice. “God took The Bridge and used it to touch so many hurting people,” says the author. “He put me on four television shows, numerous radio interviews, in newspaper articles, and put my book in hospitals throughout America where it can be picked up by people in need. He has great plans for this Reluctant Author and those plans included using me so He could also write “Georgia Justice.”

As we also learned that voice has again continued to talk to her not only having her tell her story on numerous TV and radio shows, but now start writing a set of books for children.

So listen now and share an interesting and entertaining show as I spend thirty minutes sharing "A Book and a Chat with Jackie Carpenter".

Barry

Direct link to the show
A Book and a Chat with Jackie Carpenter

or you can download the mp3 file of the show from
"Jackie Carpenter"

You can find out more about my guest and their books at:
"Jackie Carpenter - The Bridge Between Cell Block A and a Miracle is Psalm 91"

Barry Eva (Storyheart)

My Blogs:

Book Information and Things UK - Across the Pond

Book and a Chat Radio Show Guests - A Book and a Chat

Funny, Weird Or Just Interesting News From Around the World - Laugh I Thought My Trousers Would Never dry

No comments: