NOW WITH OVER 800 SHOWS FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO AND ENJOY


Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Book and a Chat with Sandy Armstrong


About a year ago, my guest on today's show Sandy Armstrong came along to share with us a book that was just right for the Christmas time of year

I hate to upset some people, and it might not be PC, even call me old-fashioned, but at this time of year I say “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Christmas”, I wish those of the Jewish faith “Happy Chanukah” but I have no idea how Kwanzaa came along, except that is was some bodies idea in 1966. I think people should have the right to celebrate how they want to, without the so called PC people stating they can’t sing carol’s or hold children’s nativity services without if being “politically correct”.

So saying I am very pleased to have back on the show Sandy, one of the co author of a book, which celebrates part of the Christmas story, but from a slightly different viewpoint.

Sandy Armstrong is one of the co-authors of the wonderful little book “My Journey to Bethlehem”, with fellow author Mona Brown Ketner, she produced this book over ten years ago, and like the journey from Nazareth to Bethlehem (about 70 miles) it took a little time complete.

The result is a book, well worth waiting for, the illustrations by Amy Tiller, matching the charming story and the way each page being shared by a verse from the bible as well as the actual story have, as Sandy shared during the show, has been extremely well received by readers.

About My Journey to Bethlehem:

Travel to Bethlehem for the birth of Jesus with Mary and Joseph as the journey is told from the donkey s perspective.

Extra special treats for breakfast, new blanket, everyone packing their bags. What is going on? Who is Caesar Augustus and what are taxes?

The donkey learns that he has the honor of ensuring a smooth ride for Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem for the birth of Jesus.

Sharing with other animals in the stable, where there is warmth, fresh straw for the donkey to eat, a soft bed for the baby. The donkeys blanket is even used to swaddle baby Jesus.

An angel appears to the shepherds keeping watch over the sheep to announce the birth of the Savior.


As we heard there is a new book due out next year about the donkeys grandson, which is written in the same format sharing the story, with pictures and texts from the bible. During the show we even came up with an idea for a third book...

"My Journey to Bethlehem" is a book rightly stated for people of all ages, and I can see many a child sitting on their grandmother’s lap as they share this wonderful story together.

So listen now and share an interesting, and entertaining show as I chat with my special guest today on A Book and a Chat with Sandy Armstrong

Barry
Direct link to the show
A Book and a Chat with Sandy Armstrong

or you can download the mp3 file of the show from
"Sandy Armstrong"

You can find out more about my guest and their books at:
"Sandy Armstrong - My Journey to Bethlehem"

Barry Eva (Storyheart)

My Blogs:

Book Information and Things UK - Across the Pond

Book and a Chat Radio Show Guests - A Book and a Chat

Funny, Weird Or Just Interesting News From Around the World - Laugh I Thought My Trousers Would Never dry

No comments: