NOW WITH OVER 800 SHOWS FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO AND ENJOY


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Book and a Chat with Teresa Joyce

Some people write to tell a story, others to provide help, others again for healing, the book about the life of today’s guest Teresa Joyce provides all that and so much more.

Her book "There's a Fine Line" covers more than one issue; it’s a true story that ranges over a period of many years. It covers the first married years of my mother’s life, and the abuse she received from my now deceased father. The hardship she found within her life in so many ways, no one should have ever had to go through, but sadly it just seemed to follow her around.

Her motivation for writing the book to face and deal with her demons, as well to be able to reach out to others.

As Teres’a states… It’s easy to think that you are alone in your pain I know I did. You convince yourself, that you’re the only person in the world this could ever have happened to. That in some manner you’re a bad person, only receiving what you are due.

My dearest hope, that this book goes some way to dispelling that misconception. I also hope that in sharing my story, people with similar experiences may find some peace within its pages and courage to heal. I would like to think that my book somehow imparts to others, the hope it gave me on its conclusion. I still struggle to find some kind of insight as how to heal the child within me. But it’s long past time that I did so she has suffered enough.


Stories about how her life was ruined in so many ways, from shotguns to cutting off one of his fingers and posting it through her letter box. Her story resembles hell in so many ways but that is what her life was, suppressed or not once the box of memories was opened the past came flooding back, emotions she had to deal with.

Again as Teresa herself states…Understand that this book/memoir is just a little different to most other memoirs i.e. most are written by ghost writers. This was something I never even considered. To my mind I had to be the one to write this. I hoped and needed to be able to express my feelings within the pages, as no other person could. With the best outcome being, that you would feel like you were taking this journey with me.

Strangely I feel an amount of support, being able to think that you are out there. There is a fine line between sanity and insanity; I know this personally, through the experiences I have had to go through involving my stepfather. I also have a personal insight of my own, of a mind battling to stay on the right side of that line, because in truth, I came so very close to crossing over myself.


There’s a Fine Line” is not only a book that will help many, but is one that people should read to understand as well as educate.

So listen to an interesting and hugely entertaining show as I spend thirty minutes sharing "A Book and a Chat with Teresa Joyce".

Barry

Direct link to the show
"A Book and a Chat with Teresa Joyce"

or you can download the mp3 file of the show from
"Teresa Joyce"

You can find out more about my guest and their books at:
"Teresa Joyce - There's a Fine Line"

Barry Eva (Storyheart)

My Blogs:

Book Information and Things UK - Across the Pond

Book and a Chat Radio Show Guests - A Book and a Chat

Funny, Weird Or Just Interesting News From Around the World - Laugh I Thought My Trousers Would Never dry

No comments: